Long story short - I have Portable Thunderbird on a USB drive. The drive got pulled from my Mac when I wasn't looking, and now when I launch Thunderbird, the "setup a new email account" window appears. There are no messages in the Thunderbird inbox and no accounts in the account info section.
If I right click on Thunderbird and choose "show package contents" and go to CONTENTS > RESOURCES > PROFILE > MAIL my email accounts seem to be in there and the folder size is over 700 MB.
Is there anything I can do to get the mail back? Or the account setup information?
Thanks in advance for any help!
UPDATE : Got the email back. Here's how…
- I made a copy of Portable Thunderbird and named it REPAIR.
- I opened up CONTENTS > RESOURCES > PROFILE > MAIL on the REPAIR copy and deleted everything.
- I launched the REPAIR copy and keyed in a valid account. Then I quit the REPAIR app.
- I went to CONTENTS > RESOURCES > PROFILE > MAIL on the original Thunderbird and copied everything into the CONTENTS > RESOURCES > PROFILE > MAIL on the REPAIR copy.
- When I launched the REPAIR app, all the emali was there!
However, none of my account information made it back.
Is there any way to modify the original damaged Portable Thunderbird so I can get my emails and account information back?
Thanks again for any help!