News » OpenProdoc 0.8 RC1
Posted on 22 Sep 2013 20:33
It's available a new version of OpenProdoc 0.8 RC1.
It can be used as:
- Departmental DMS or in different areas of a company or institution
- as a personal tool for professionals or freelancers using the portable version
- for learning concepts about document management as it covers all the functionality required in any system, including thesaurus management, and don't requires any installation.
What is new:
- Thesaurus Support
- Complete Thesaurus management.
- Skos-rdf standard support for import-export.
- Multiple thesaurus.
- Validation of selected metadata against thesaurus.
- Modification of definitions already in use.
- Import of document scanned and classified in Kofax Capture or Abbyy Finereader
- Also, it maintains its characteristics:
- A complete portable version (Linux, Windows, Mac)
- Multi-platform (Java)
- Multi-database (Derby, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, SQLLite, HSQLDB)
- Low requirements for the engine (can work without a J2EE server)
- Several ways for Authentication (Ldap, DDBB, OS, Own system)
- Different ways to store documents (FileSystem, BLOB,ftp, Reference)
- Object oriented definitions for documents and folders (including inheritance)
- Fine granularity of administration and permissions, allowing delegation of different functions.
- Multi-language (English, Spanish and portuguese)
- Thin (Web) and Thick (Swing) Clients