News » #PhotoFlow added to #OSX FreeSMUG directory
Posted on 21 Apr 2015 19:16
PhotoFlow non-destructive photo retouching added to Graphic directory.
PhotoFlow is a fully non-destructive photo retouching program that includes a complete workflow from RAW image development to high-quality printing.
Here is the general feature (wish)list:
- Fully non-destructive, layer-based photo editing workflow with realtime preview of the final image
- Support for 8-bits and 16-bits integer as well as 32-bits and 64-bits floating point precision, selectable at runtime and on a per-image basis
- Plugin-based architecture: new tools can be implemented as separate modules that are loaded at runtime
- Allows to load and edit images of arbitrary size, thanks to the underlying rendering engine based on the VIPS library
- Fully color managed workflow: user-defined input, work and output profiles, soft-proofing, etc…
- Support for layer grouping and layer masks
- Support for common photo editing tools: levels, curves, brightness-contrast control, blurring, sharpening, cropping, resizing, colorspace conversions, etc…, all implemented in the form of image layers
- User-friendly interface to develop new tools and image filters as external plugins
You can follow the development of photoflow and learn about its usage in the dedicated blog: http://photoflowblog.blogspot.fr/