News » Tracker added to #OSX FreeSMUG directory
Posted on 02 Dec 2015 18:47
Video analysis and modeling tool to be used in physics education, added to Video directory.
Tracker video modeling is a powerful new way to combine videos with computer modeling.
- Manual and automated object tracking with position, velocity and acceleration overlays and data.
- Center of mass tracks.
- Interactive graphical vectors and vector sums.
- RGB line profiles at any angle, time-dependent RGB regions.
- Model Builder creates kinematic and dynamic models of point mass particles and two-body systems.
- Model overlays are automatically synchronized and scaled to the video for direct visual comparison with the real world.
- New Data Tracks use data from external models including EjsS simulations.
- Free Xuggle video engine plays and records most formats (mov/avi/flv/mp4/wmv etc) on Windows/OSX/Linux.
- QuickTime video engine also supported on Windows and OSX.
- Video filters, including brightness/contrast, ghost trails, and deinterlace filters.
- Perspective filter corrects distortion when objects are photographed at an angle rather than straight-on.
- Radial distortion filter corrects distortion associated with fisheye lenses.
- Export Video wizard enables editing and transcoding videos, with or without overlay graphics, using Tracker itself.
- Video Properties dialog shows video dimensions, path, frame rate, frame count, more.
Data generation and analysis:
- Fixed or time-varying coordinate system scale, origin and tilt.
- Multiple calibration options: tape, stick, calibration points and/or offset origin.
- Switch easily to center of mass and other reference frames.
- Protractors and tape measures provide easy distance and angle measurements.
- Circle fitter tool fits circles to 3 or more points.
- Define custom variables for plotting and analysis.
- Add editable text columns for comments or manually entered data.
- Data analysis tool includes powerful automatic and manual curve fitting.
- Export formatted or raw data to a delimited text file or the clipboard.
Digital Library resources:
- OSP Digital Library Browser provides easy access to online collections of videos and Tracker resources.
- Use the DL Browser to find resources by name, author, keywords or other metadata.
- Use the DL Browser to create, edit and share your own video and resource libraries.
- Use Tracker to export self-documenting ZIP resources ideal for the DL Browser.
- Full undo/redo with multiple steps.
- Page view displays html instructions or student notes.
- User preferences: GUI configuration, video engine, default language, font size, more.