Portable Cyberduck is a FTP and SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer) browser with an easy to use interface packaged as portable application so you can take your bookmarks, history, preferences with you.
Warning: Data and passwords stored with Keychain are not portable!
Portable Cyberduck is the Cyberduck FTP and SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer) browser with an easy to use interface, integration with external editors and support for many Mac OS X system technologies such as Spotlight, Bonjour, the Keychain and AppleScript, packaged as portable application so you can carry around with you on any portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive,memory card, other portable device (also on your internal hard disk) as long as it has 24 MB of free space and use on any Mac OS X computer, taking your bookmarks, history, preferences with you.
- PortableCyberduck_3.0.1_r3.0.dmg (9.9M)
|Portable Apps Lion Patch||This Patch will solve Mac OS X Lion 10.7 incompatibility of Portable Applications.|
Old unilingual releases:
- PortableCyberduck_2.7.1-en_r3.0.dmg (5.4M)
- PortableCyberduck_2.7.1-jp_r3.0.dmg (5.4M)
- PortableCyberduck_2.6-de_r2.0.dmg (5.2M)
- PortableCyberduck_2.6-fr_r2.0.dmg (5.2M)
- PortableCyberduck_2.6-it_r2.0.dmg (5.3M)
- PortableCyberduck_2.5.5-ES_r1.0.dmg (4.9M)
Spanish (Spain)-Español (de España)
- PortableCyberduck_2.5.5-RU_r1.0.dmg (4.9M)
- PortableCyberduck_2.5.5-zh_CN_r1.0.dmg (4.9M)
Chinese (Simplified)-中文 (简体)
Download Cyberduck in your language from http://update.cyberduck.ch/localizations/
Copy it to "Portable Cyberduck.app/Contents/Resources/" folder.
Cmd+Click on Portable Cyberduck.app and select Show Package Contents.
How to install
- Drag "Portable Cyberduck" folder to your portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also to your internal hard disk) as long as it has 26 MB of free space.
- Clicking "Portable Cyberduck" will open Cyberduck from your portable device, wait a while before Cyberduck start.
Using your data
You can copy your user preferences folder to Portable Cyberduck when "Copy preferences" window ask you. So, if you wish to use your bookmarks, history, preferences you already have on your system, just click "Copy" when prompt.
Cyberduck application, preference file and profile folder are inside the bundle:
Remove file "Portable Cyberduck.app/Contents/Resources/CopyPref_Done" to copy preferences next time you open Portable Cyberduck.
Portable Cyberduck.app is packaged using the Platypus script wrapper from http://sveinbjorn.sytes.net/platypus
Post questions, tips, suggestions, clues, helps, bugs to our OS X Portable Apps support forum
- 3.0.1 r3.0 (2008-06-27)
Cyberduck updated to 3.0.1
- 3.0 r3.0 (2008-05-17)
Cyberduck updated to 3.0
- 2.8.1 r3.0 (2007-11-18)
Cyberduck updated to 2.8.1</li>
- 2.7.1 r3.0 (2006-12-08)
Cyberduck updated to 2.7.1
New shell script.
Growl style notification windows.
Dialog made by CocoaDialog.
10.4 OS X version check.
Can't be launched on a locked volume.
Requires OS X 10.4 or later.</li>
- 2.6 r2.0 (2006-06-09)
Cyberduck updated to 2.6
Opener script cleaned up and optimized.
- 2.5.5 r1.0 (2006-03-11)
First public release.
Portable Cyberduck is wrapped on application package with Platypus.
Preference are automatically copied if desired.
Portable Cyberduck ask to quit Cyberduck copy already running.
This software is licensed under the CC-GNU GPL.
Cyberduck provided is an unmodified version of official binaries downloaded from cyberduck.ch licensed under:
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991