Portable Inkscape OS X is the binary distribution of the Scalable Vector Graphics editor for Mac OS X packaged as portable application so you can take your preferences with you.
Portable Inkscape OS X is the Inkscape Scalable Vector Graphics editor packaged as portable application so you can carry around with you on any portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive,memory card, other portable device (also on your internal hard disk) as long as it has 40MB of free space and use on any Mac OS X computer, taking your preferences with you.
Inkscape requires Apple's X11 which is included in the "Optional Installs" package on the OS X install disk.
See: How to install X11 on OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
|Portable Apps Lion Patch||This Patch will solve Mac OS X Lion 10.7 incompatibility of Portable Applications.|
How to install
- Drag "Portable Inkscape OS X" folder to your portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also to your internal hard disk) as long as it has 70 MB of free space.
- Clicking "Portable **Inkscape OS X**" will open Inkscape from your portable device, wait a while before Inkscape start. Portable Inkscape requires that either Apple's X11 or XDarwin be installed. Apple's X11 is included in the "Optional Installs" package on the OS X install disk.
- You can copy your user preferences folder to Portable Inkscape when "Copy preferences" window ask you. So, if you wish to use your preferences you already have on your system, just click "Copy" when prompt.
There is a bug currently that Inkscape will not work from within a folder containing any of the following characters: pipe |, forward slash /, backslash \, ampersand &, pound #, or double quote ". Any other printable characters should be fine.
Inkscape is packaged using the Platypus script wrapper from
Post questions, tips, suggestions, clues, helps, bugs to our OS X Portable Apps support forum
- 0.44-1-universal r2.0 (02.Jul.2006)
Updated to 0.44-1-universal.
Preference are automatically copied if desired.
Portable Inkscape ask to quit Inkscape copy already running.
- 0.43-4 r1.0 (04.Apr.2006)
First public release.
Thanks to Aaron Voisine developer of Gimp.app, for all his suggestions.
This software is licensed under the CC-GNU GPL.
Inkscape provided is an unmodified version of official binaries downloaded from www.inkscape.org licensed under:
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991