Portable Nvu OS X is the complete Web Authoring System Nvu packaged as portable application so you can edit your web site on the go.
Portable Nvu OS X is the the complete Web Authoring System Nvu packaged as portable application so you can carry around with you on any portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also on your internal hard disk) as long as it has 35 MB of free space and use on any Mac OS X computer, taking your profile" with you.
Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap rival programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Nvu was started from the Mozilla Composer code base. Nvu will pick up where Composer left off, adding additional features, functionality and ease of use. More info about Nvu...
- Portable Nvu_1.0_EN-OSX_r2.0.dmg (12.0M) English-English
- Portable Nvu_1.0_IT-OSX_r2.0.dmg (12.8M) Italian-Italiano (English Read Me.txt)
- Portable Nvu_1.0_FR-OSX_r2.0.dmg (12.2M) French-Français (English Read Me.txt)
- Portable Nvu_1.0_DE-OSX_r2.0.dmg (12.1M) German-Deutsch (English Read Me.txt)
- Portable Nvu_1.0_zh_TW-OSX_r2.0.dmg (12.1M) Chinese (Traditional) 正體中文 (繁體) (English Read Me.txt)
Download Nvu in your language from http://nvu.com/download.html
Copy it to "Portable Nvu.app/Contents/Resources/app/" folder.
Cmd+Click on Portable Cyberduck.app and select Show Package Contents.
|Portable Apps Lion Patch||This Patch will solve Mac OS X Lion 10.7 incompatibility of Portable Applications.|
How to install
- Drag "Portable Nvu" folder to your portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also to your internal hard disk) as long as it has 35 MB of free space.
- Clicking "Portable Nvu" will open Nvu from your portable device, wait a while before Nvu start.
- If a local copy of Nvu is running an alert window allow you to quit it.
Using your data
You can copy your user preferences folder to Portable Nvu when "Copy preferences" window ask you. So, if you wish to use your preferences you already have on your system, just click "Yes" when prompt.
Nvu application, preference file and profile folder are inside the bundle:
Portable Nvu.app is packaged using the Platypus script wrapper from
Do not run Nvu directly from the disk image (the *.dmg file you just opened) or you will experience a never-ending loop.
If you accidentally launched Nvu from the disk image on MacOS X, and you
now have a bouncing icon that won't go away. How do you stop it?
Use the Activity Monitor utility to kill the process:
Click the "face" icon in the Dock (typically the leftmost icon) to bring up a Finder window.
- Select "Applications" from the icon list in the left part of the window
- Open the directory "Utilities" in the right pane
- Launch the application "Activity Monitor"
- Select the Nvu process
- Use the "Quit Process" button in the upper left to kill it.
Post questions, tips, suggestions, clues, helps, bugs to our OS X Portable Apps support forum
- r2.0 15.03.2006
Portable Nvu is wrapped on application package with Platypus.
Preferences are automatically copied if desired.
Portable Nvu ask to quit Nvu copy already running.
Files hosted by Sourceforge.net OS X Portable Applications project.
New application icon
- r1.0 30.01.2006
first public release
This portable app was inspired by http://www.portableapps.com
This software is licensed under the CC-GNU GPL.
Nvu provided is an unmodified version of official binaries downloaded from http://www.nvu.com
Nvu is open source and covered under the MPL/LGPL/GPL tri-license.
Nvu and the Nvu logo are trademarks of Linspire Inc.