Portable Thunderbird OS X is the popular Mozilla Thunderbird email client packaged as portable application so you can take your email, address book and account settings with you.
From the experience of Portable Firefox OS X, here is the popular Mozilla Thunderbird email client packaged so you can carry around with you on any portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also on your internal hard disk) as long as it has 65 MB of free space and use on any Mac OS X computer, taking your email, address book and account settings with you.
- PortableThunderbird_3.0.4_en-US-OSX_r4.1.dmg (19.4M) English-English
Requires OS X 10.4 or later.
- Drag the "Portable Thunderbird OS X" folder to your portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also to your internal hard disk) as long as it has 65 MB of free space.
- Clicking "Portable Thunderbird" will open Thunderbird from your portable device, wait a while before Thunderbird start.
- If a local copy of Thunderbird is running an alert window allow you to quit it.
|Portable Apps Lion Patch||This Patch will solve Mac OS X Lion 10.7 incompatibility of Portable Applications.|
Using your data
You can copy your local Profile folder to Portable Thunderbird when "Copy local Profile" window ask you. So, if you wish to use your address, mail, preferences you already have on your system, just click "Copy" when prompt, and select the folder "/Users/<username>/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/.default/".
Thunderbird application and Profile folder are inside the bundle:
Post questions, tips, suggestions, clues, helps, bugs to our OS X Portable Applications support forum
- 3.0.4 r4.1 (2010-05-20)
Thunderbird update to 3.0.4
Fixed "Read-Only Volume:" check on 10.6
- 188.8.131.52 r3.1 (2007-04-19)
Thunderbird update to 184.108.40.206
- 220.127.116.11 r3.1 (2006-11-12)
Thunderbird update to 18.104.22.168
Add OS X 10.4 version check.
Add locked volume check.
Add BSD command check.
- 22.214.171.124 r3.0 (2006-09-18)
Thunderbird updated to 126.96.36.199
New shell script.
Profile copied if desired with file select option.
Portable Thunderbird ask to quit Thunderbird copy already running.
Dialog made by CocoaDialog.
Portable Thunderbird is wrapped as application package with Platypus.
Requires OS X 10.4 or later.
- 188.8.131.52 r2.1 (2006-06-02)
Thunderbird updated to 184.108.40.206
- 220.127.116.11 r.2.1 (2006-04-27)
Thunderbird updated to 18.104.22.168.
Hosted by SourgeForge.net.
- r2.0 (2006-02-01)
An AppleScript in the background, instead of shell script, open the portable application, no more Terminal window open, no need to quit Terminal.app to eject external drive.
Application bundle and Profile folder are both inside "app" folder.
New "OPEN Portable Thunderbird OS X.app" icon.
- r1.3.1 (2006-02-24)
New folder icon
- r1.3 (2006-01-22)
Released under GPL
- r1.2 (2006-01-17)
Readme and .command license update
- r1.1 (2006-01-15)
Creative Commons license added
- r1.0 (2006-01-14)
This software is licensed under the CC-GNU GPL.
Mozilla Thunderbird™ provided is an unmodified version of official binaries downloaded from Mozilla.org licensed under:
MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD END-USER SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT Version 1.1