Portable Vienna is the RSS/Atom newsreader for Mac OS X packaged as portable application so you can take all your favorite newsfeeds with you.
Portable Vienna is the Vienna RSS/Atom newsreader packaged as portable application so you can carry around with you on any portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive,memory card, other portable device (also on your internal hard disk) as long as it has 10 MB of free space and use on any Mac OS X computer, taking all your favorite newsfeeds with you.
- PortableVienna18.104.22.1682.en-us_r1.0.dmg (1.6MB)
- PortableVienna22.214.171.1242_r1.0.dmg (3.3MB)
|Portable Apps Lion Patch||This Patch will solve Mac OS X Lion 10.7 incompatibility of Portable Applications.|
How to install
- Drag "Portable Vienna" folder to your portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (also to your internal hard disk) as long as it has 10 MB of free space.
- Clicking "Portable Vienna" will open Vienna from your portable device, wait a while before Vienna start.
- If a local copy of Vienna is running an alert window allow you to quit it.
Using your data
You can copy your user preferences to Portable Venna when "Copy preferences" window ask you. So, if you wish to use your preferences you already have on your system, just click "Yes" when prompt.
Vienna application, preference file and folder are inside the bundle:
Remove file "Portable Vienna.app/Contents/Resources/CopyPref_Done" to copy preferences next time you open Portable Vienna.
Vienna is packaged using the Platypus script wrapper from
Post questions, tips, suggestions, clues, helps, bugs to our OS X Portable Apps support forum
- 126.96.36.1992 r1.0 (16.Jan.2008)
Vienna updated to 188.8.131.522
- 184.108.40.2069 r1.0 (10.Sep.2007)
Vienna updated to 220.127.116.119
- 18.104.22.1681 r1.0 (15.Jul.2007)
Vienna updated to 22.214.171.1241
- 126.96.36.1999 r1.0 (28.Jan.2007)
First public release.
Requires OS X 10.4 or later.
Dialog made by CocoaDialog.
OS X version check.
Preference are automatically copied if desired.
Portable Vienna ask to quit Vienna copy already running.
This software is licensed under the CC-GNU GPL.