by Gand — last modified 2004-06-27 10:37 PM
How to install Fink from package
Before install Fink, you need X11 and the Apple Developer Tools (Xcode) installed.
- Download the installer disk image from http://fink.sourceforge.net/download/
Fink 0.7.0 Binary Installer - 16339 KB
- Double-click to mount the disk image,
then double-click the package inside.
Follow the instructions on screen.
- At the end of the installation, the pathsetup utility will be launched.
You will be asked for permission before your shell's configuration files are edited.
- When the utility has finished, you are set to go!
- Now you have a new sw directory containing all Fink stuff