by Gand — last modified 2007-09-06 07:03 AM
On October 21st in the year of '05, ten top Mac developers (primarily independents) from around the USA descended upon to the Adler Planetarium in Chicago, IL for an evening of conversation around a whole range of issues. The conversation was taped, and here we are.
On October 21st in the year of '05, ten top Mac developers (primarily indies) from around the USA were invited to the Adler Planetarium in Chicago, IL for an evening of conversation around a broad range of topics:
- Making a living writing for the Mac,
- software patents,
- competing with Apple,
- digital rights management (DRM),
- software activation,
- unit testing,
- building communities,
- the x86 transition,
- and much much more…
Download from Archive.org page:
- Evening_at_Adler.mp4 MPEG4 579.5MB - 02:25:22
- Evening_at_Adler.m4a Apple Lossless Audio 134.8MB - 02:25:22
- READ_ME.pdf Text PDF 117.2 KB
Top ten developers:
Nicholas Jitkoff The author of Quicksilver for OS X.
August Mueller Gus's company, Flying Meat, Inc.
Jonathan Rentzsch One of the Mac's rare Doctor Whos, Rentzsch is the creator of the OSS software mach_inject.
Wil Shipley The owner of Delicious Monster, makers Delicious Library.
Brent Simmons Runs Ranchero Software, which is responsible for growing NetNewsWire and MarsEdit.
drunkenbatman Some guy with a website…
AAC Audio Rip
133 Megabyte download, ghetto rip from the movie.
Download from FreeSMUG server:
Format: AAC, Stereo (L R), 44,100 kHz H.264, 416 x 312, Millions
DrunkenBlog_EAA_Video.torrent (keep seeding)
Video stream: Evening_at_Adler.mov
License for Distribution
The Evening at Adler video and audio files are licensed as Creative Commons,
specifically the "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5" license.
This means you are welcome to:
- copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
- make derivative works
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.